court houseAnyone who believes a Title IX violation or student conduct code violation has occurred can file a complaint. You may be accused of being a perpetrator. Victims of violations should also be prepared for the possibility that the accused will try to file countercharges. The person who reports a violation is called the “reporting party” in the parlance of campus misconduct proceedings. The accused is called the “responding party.”

    While all schools are required to have guidelines for conduct enforcement by the Department of Education these guidelines vary from school to school.  During these conduct proceedings having a competent law firm by your side which specializes in Title IX proceedings is vital.

    Click here to learn more about the Allen Law Firm works on your behalf.